Communiqué on the Procedure and Principles Regarding the Fulfillment of Disclosure Obligation (“Communiqué”) is published in the Official Gazette and entered into force on 10.03.2018.
Pursuant to Article 4 of the Communiqué, the scope of the disclosure obligation is defined and should bear the following:
- The identity card of the controller and if possible, of his representative,
- The purpose of processing the personal data,
- The persons to which the personal data can be transferred and for which reasons,
- The method of collecting personal data and the legal reason,
- The other rights of the data subject indicated in Article 11 of the Law.
Disclosure obligation may be fulfilled in physical or electronic environment such as oral or written form or voice recording. This information shall be performed while the personal data is being obtained.
In case the personal data is not obtained from the data object, disclosure obligation shall be fulfilled at times stated below:
- In a reasonable time after the personal data is obtained,
- If the personal data is to be processed for the purpose of communication with the data subject; during the first communication,
- If the personal data is to be transmitted, latest at the time of transmission of the data.