The exemptions to the obligation of registering with the Data Controllers Registry are determined by the decision of the Personal Data Protection Board dated 02.04.2018 (the “Decision”). The Decision was published in the Official Gazette dated 15.05.2018 and numbered 30422.
According to the Decision;
- Data processors who process data wholly by non-automatic means only if/when they are part of any data registry system.
- Notaries operating under the Notary Public Law No: 1512.
- Among the associations under the Associations Law No: 5253, foundations under the Foundation Law No: 5737, and unions established under the Law on Unions and Collective Bargaining Agreements No: 6356, data processors processing data solely in compliance with the relevant legislation and their objectives, limited to their fields of activity and related only to their employees, members and donators.
- Political parties founded under the Political Parties Law No: 2820.
- Attorneys operating under the Attorney’s Code No: 1136.
- Independent Accountants and Financial Advisors and Certified Public Accountants operating under the Independent Accountant Financial Consultancy and Certified Councillorship Law No: 3568.
are exempted from the obligation of registering with the Data Controllers Registry.